Matthias works at the intersection of the high-tech and automotive industries, with an emphasis in artificial intelligence, advanced mobility, and digital issues. He serves clients in the mobility ecosystem, focusing on original-equipment manufacturers (OEMs), tier 1 suppliers, and Silicon Valley–based technology companies.
Recent examples of his client work include the following:
- guiding a leading global technology corporation on cloud and machine-learning applications in mobility
- designing and establishing a connected car and services organization at a premium German automaker
- supporting the international scale-up of a major global car-sharing provider
- developing cooperation strategies among ecosystem partners in the automotive and mobility spaces
- evaluating connected car ecosystem plays for an OEM car consortium
- conducting advanced ACES studies for automotive companies (car and truck OEMs and tier 1 suppliers) as well as machinery and logistics companies
- leading numerous projects with automotive clients on building digital business models based on car connectivity and new mobility concepts, such as car sharing and e-hailing
- defining the autonomous driving ecosystem strategy for a global truck OEM
Matthias regularly speaks on the future of mobility at automotive conferences and acted as the keynote speaker at the IAA conferences held in 2015, 2016, and 2017.